ADSM-L

Re: query archive using description

1999-07-30 07:46:54
Subject: Re: query archive using description
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:46:54 -0400
>Is there something quirky about using the description option when doing a
>dsmc query archive?
>
>I had created for the first time an archive the previous day.
>When I went to do a dsmc query archive -description="FULL ONLINE 990728" "*"
>I get ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found

A classic gotcha is in text containing blanks where you don't expect them,
or control characters (perhaps even backspaces which overlay characters
when the text is sent to the terminal).  Capture the output of the query
in a file and examine it for what's really there.  And in light of what's
about to happen in 5 months, I'd use a description like
"FULL ONLINE 19990728" instead.  :-)
     Richard Sims, BU