ADSM-L

Re: Degraded restore performance

1999-07-29 21:50:53
Subject: Re: Degraded restore performance
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:50:53 -0700
Hi all,
       FYI. I just did a restore of an entire NT DRIVE (filespace).  This
was acceptable performance of about 2Gb/hr. the performance was acceptable
because of multiple reasons.
1) ADSM clients were getting backed up simultaneously.
2)REstore was from a single session.
3)REstore was performed from an ADSM server where collocation was turned
off.
4)The client had about half a million files.
5) The restore started immediately without any processing time. (i.e session
status was in MEDIAW

However as i mentioned previously when i do selective restore of directories
containing about 30 files or so , the performance was degraded.

Does ADSM restore a drive and directory by the same rules. Or,  is a drive
restore like a dumb
restore.?

Thanks

sri