ADSM-L

Kernel Extension

1999-07-29 10:59:51
Subject: Kernel Extension
From: Don Avart <avartd AT GSS-INC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:59:51 -0400
I'm fairly new to ADSM and recently ran into a problem with the ADSM
startup script that is called by inittab.  The script loads a kernel
extension "loadpkx -f pkmonx" at boot time.  I inadvertantly ran this
script after halting the server and conseqeuntly I cannot restart ADSM
without rebooting the server.  I assume this is because I have hung kernel
extensions.

My questions are where is this kernel extension documented, and is there
anyway of cleaning up this mess without rebooting?

thanks,
don