ADSM-L

Re: DISK Storage Pool Performance

1999-07-29 05:42:31
Subject: Re: DISK Storage Pool Performance
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:42:31 +0200
Grant,

I'm using the disk-stgpool in order to raise the cuncurrency of the
backups sessions. So I cannot say much about which one is faster
disk-pool or tape-pool, also because it depends on the tape drive you're
using. Certainly your performaces are very bad!

Yes it does fill up all the volumes at the same time ... what's the wrong
with that? More volumes means more disks (sometimes) whhich in turns
means better performances!

Are you sure your bad performances aren't dependent from other
bottleneck, like LAN connections (100FX vs 100HX), client compression or
so on?

Ciao Mauro

> Greetings all
>
> I have just tried to use SSA disks as a primary storage pool for one of
our
> NT clients (running ADSM 3.1.0.7)
>
> 1. I created a storage pool with a device class of DISK (Using RS6000
AIX
> 4.1.5 & ADSM server 3.1.2.20)
> 2. Formatted 10 1.5 Gb files on the SSA disks using dsmfmt -m -data
> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1500
> 3. Defined these disk storage pools to my storage pool created in 1.
above