ADSM-L

ADSM v.2.1 MVS Server On OS/390 v.2.6

1999-07-27 18:07:33
Subject: ADSM v.2.1 MVS Server On OS/390 v.2.6
From: Gary Johnson <GJOHNSO AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:07:33 +1200
Hi all,
        I hope you can help me.  We are about to upgrade our Mainframe MVS
operating system from OS/390 v.1.2 to OS/390 v.2.6.  However, we don't want
to upgrade ADSM at the same time, so we want to run the ADSM Server (v.2.1)
under OS/390 v.2.6.  However we are having several problems when testing
this out.
We are trying to use ADSM Version 2.1 lvl 18 in OS/390 v2.6.  We assume it
should work. After running the ZAP referred to in PQ19589 against the OS/390
2.6 version of DMSSVM5 the ADSM server started successfully.  Now we are
having problems connecting to ADSM from the Admin Client GUI.  TCP/IP
changed radically between OS/390 1.2 and OS/390 2.6 and with several
products that we use, TCP/IP had to be reconfigured to use OE sockets.  Does
ADSM require any changes?  When we try to connect the session just hangs.
We can PING the HOST name OK but we can't telnet to port 1500.  In the ADSM
options file we have :
TCPPORT 1500  and  TCPNAME TCPIP
Netstat sockets output show ADSM listening on port 1500
The errors from the client end are as follows:
ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

ANS8002S Due to this error, processing cannot continue.
 This graphical user interface will shut down.

We would appreciate any help that could point us in the right direction.  We
have raised an ETR with IBM for this problem.  Unfortunately IBM has not
been able to provide us with much assistance to date........their response
is that they haven't seen this problem before..!!!!!!

We suspect it is either a maint level issue with the ADSM server, or
something to do with TCPIP.

Regards,
Gary Johnson
Operations Analyst  (Emergency Planning)
IT Operations
CLEAR Communications Ltd
12th floor,  49 Symonds Street, Auckland, 1001, New Zealand
phone:  (64-9)  912-4200
   DDI:  (64-9)  912-4984
    fax:  (64-9)  912-4454
 email:  gary.johnson AT clear.co DOT nz