ADSM-L

nt client and management classes...

1999-07-27 13:29:12
Subject: nt client and management classes...
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:29:12 -0400
OK, here is a very basic question that seems to be alluding me...  How do I make
a directory use a management class other than the default management class for
the policy domain, and once I set it, how do I verify that it is working?

I tried by editing the clients dsm.opt file.  I added the following line:

Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*
include c:\winnt\profiles\sfluegge\* scott

This is how I do it on a unix box...

I then ran a selective backup of that directory and when I run the command "q
backup" it shows the management class as
default.  Very frustrating!!!

Thanks much,

Scott