ADSM-L

Re: No space in storage pool

1999-07-26 16:20:47
Subject: Re: No space in storage pool
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:20:47 -0500
     what type of library ?

     from within adsm a "show library" may give you results that look OK
     but the library might be unavailable...

     if it is an aix server & a 3494 atl, you may (from aix) issue the
     "lsdev -Cc tape" to obtain the lmcp# associated with the ATL, then use
     the  "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp# -qL" to see if aix & the library are
     communicating.  Using TCP/IP communication method to the ATL and
     having multiple network interfaces to the adsm server... I ran into
     the situation where one of the network interfaces on the adsm server
     died which at first seemed not that big of a problem... then I
     discovered that one and only one (and yes, the dead one) was the only
     address defined to the ATL as an authorized host (sigh) so a network
     interface died and all tape activity came to a halt!

     later,
           Dwight

     PS all atl's now have all (using) server's ip addresses listed as
     authorized hosts ;-)

Author:  RRazdan (RRazdan AT FEET DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    7/26/99 3:10 PM

While our tape drive is online , i do see i lot of mount requests denied

>>> Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM> 07/26/99 02:57PM >>>
     Is your ATL alright & on-line ? ? ?
     What about your tape drives ? ? ? (are they all on-line?)
     Do you see any "mount request denied" messages ? ? ?

     No atl for drives, no drives...
     no drives to mount tapes, no tape space...
     no tape space, anr0522w

     You might not be seeing the forest 'cause of the trees...

     Dwight