ADSM-L

Exporting a node form MVS to AIX

1999-07-26 14:55:23
Subject: Exporting a node form MVS to AIX
From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:55:23 -0400
Hello All,

        Has anyone out there ever exported a node's information to an HFS
filesystem on MVS.  We are running ADSM version 2.1.0.17 on MVS and have three
or four nodes we want to export off to our AIX ADSM server ( ADSM version
3.1.2.25 on AIX 4..2.1 ).  We have an AIX filesystem defined on the AIX server
and have mounted it to an HFS filesystem on MVS using Open MVS.  We are doing
this so we can export the data to a filesystem on the AIX server directly and
then import it from there.  It's not working like we had hoped.  Any
suggestions?  We know we could always upgrade the MVS ADSM server and use
server-to-server communications,  but it is going away soon and we feel it would
be a hassle.

TIA,

Sean McNamara
(610)666-4206