ADSM-L

Re: Find out what verion of file on damaged volume

1999-07-21 07:56:46
Subject: Re: Find out what verion of file on damaged volume
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:56:46 +0200
Michael Garnebode writes:
 > Hi ,
 > i think i have a solution for this problem but is a hard way.
 > 1. Do a "q cont" to a file. Go to the ADSM-Client there is the damaged file.
 > 2. Do a "dsmc q ba -ina <filename>" to a file
 > 3. Run a audit vol fix=yes and after this run expire inventory (i think).
 > 4. Repeat the "dsmc q ba -ina <filename>" to another file and
 >  produce a difference between the first and the second file.
 >
 > The difference is the result of the damaged version. Is it ??

looks good, but it is _VERY_ hard, especially if there are many damaged
files from several filespaces from several nodes, which may not be under
your control.

In case of a media error, the ADSM admin can easily determine which files
are affected. I would love to have a similarly easy way to determine,
whether these backup copies are active or not and when they have been
created.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet