ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Backup fail with end of tape error

1999-07-20 16:34:33
Subject: Re: Exchange Backup fail with end of tape error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:34:33 -0400
>07/18/1999 00:27:43  ANR8263W End of tape detected on 3590 volume C10429
>                     in drive TAPMLB01 (TAP02) of library 3494LIB.
>07/18/1999 00:27:43  ANR1411W Access mode for volume C10429 now set to
>                      "read-only" due to write error.

Sherry - I wonder if your server software is not recent, as older ADSM servers
         had the problem of not realizing that EOT was not an error.
In any case, follow the recommendations of the messages manual for ANR8263W:

Explanation: The server has detected end of tape for the specified volume. The
volume reached the end of tape before arriving at the estimated capacity value
specified in the device class.
System Action: The current process stops writing to the specified volume. The
status of the volume is set to read-only. The server accesses another volume
if more data must be stored.
User Response: Reduce the estimated capacity in the device class. You can
issue the QUERY VOLUME command to view the actual capacity of the volume after
it is full. Use the UPDATE DEVCLASS command to change the estimated capacity
for the device class. Do not use the UPDATE VOLUME command to change the
access mode.

     Richard Sims, BU