ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Thomas,

     I'm afraid I have to agree with your co-worker.  Let ADSM handle its
own work with TMS, and leave the REXX code out of it.

     We have an MVS server (3.1.2.20) and use CA-1 TLMS, but I'm sure it
works very similar to TMS.  I would continue with the TMS vault definitions
for ADSM by data set name.  Then allow ADSM, through administrative
commands, to perform the following:

          1. Incremental backup to a storage pool designated for data to be
moved offsite.
          2. Copy of data from above storage pool to a 'vault' storage
pool.
          3. "Outcoding" of the volumes in the 'vault' storage pool (i.e.
defining them as 'offsite').*
          4. Reclamation of tape from both the onsite and offsite storage
pools.

     * NOTE:  It is imperative that the outcoding is performed PRIOR to
your process for ejecting or pulling of tapes for offsite shipment.  If
this is done, you should not have a situation wherein the tape is offsite
and ADSM thinks it is onsite.

                              Ginny
---------------------- Forwarded by Virginia L Hysock/GIS/CSC on 07/20/99

       (Embedded image moved to file: PIC02149.PCX)

Virginia L Hysock/GIS/CSC
07/20/99 08:35 AM