ADSM-L

Re: WARNING, READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING the ADSM server 3

1999-07-20 09:26:39
Subject: Re: WARNING, READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING the ADSM server 3
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:26:39 -0500
     If I don't run expiration DAILY I'm in a world of HURT !

     (well, consumption of 3590 tapes is about 150 per day... I would have
     to add 1 3494-S10 every two days)

     Dwight

     Oh, any word on 3.1.2.31 ?

Author:  g.rentschler (g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE) at unix,mime
Date:    7/20/99 2:20 AM

Hello Tom,
do you want to say that expiration shouldn't be run at all? I think
most sites do not run expiration automatically using the expinterval
option but via cronjob or admin schedule.
Furthermore, not running expiration for some time is a problem for many
large sites. It may cause the DB and tape usage to grow dramatically.
After the problem is solved the the epxpiration will take a long time.

Should we better go back to 3.1.2.20?
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany