ADSM-L

Reclaimation schemes and checkin of tapes

2015-10-04 17:41:27
Subject: Reclaimation schemes and checkin of tapes
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
How do you handle reclamation of tapes?  We have 3575 library and currently
we set reclamation to 30% in the afternoon to clean up tapes.  But I noticed
that a lot of tapes are below 30% and would never get reclaimed.  Do people
just move data or set the reclamation to less than 30%?

Also, question of checking tapes back in...  When I check in a tape and then
look at it's status it still shows it as being unavailable.  I end up
manually setting it to read/write to access it. Is there an automatic way
for that to reset itself that I'm missing?

Craig Winters, System Programmer
Otter Tail Power Company
Otter Tail Power Company
PO Box 496