ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and WindowsNT "shares"

1999-07-14 08:28:17
Subject: Re: ADSM and WindowsNT "shares"
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:28:17 -0500
The Windows NT shares are in the registry. What you do to get them back
depends upon the circumstances of the restore.
If you're restoring an MSA from one machine to a different machine then it's
more complicated. The way that we've done it in the past is to restore the
system hive to an alternate machine and then copy the registry keys from

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LANMANSERVER\SHARES

to the new server.

If you're restoring an MSA back to the original machine then you're in luck.
All you have to do is reboot the machine once the drive has been restored.
The shares should come backup automatically.

Nathan