ADSM-L

ADSM crash after database & drive error.

1999-07-14 02:09:55
Subject: ADSM crash after database & drive error.
From: ": Frederic Jager" <Frederic.Jager AT BIL-DEXIA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:09:55 +0200
Hi ADSM administrators,

I've encountered a problem with ADSM 3.0.1.2.30 and the latest fixes on
AIX4.2.1 (we are using a 3590 Magstar). The act log reports ANR9999D
blkdisk.c and ANR0246E errors (I/O error on the database sored on a file
system). At the same time, the OS reports a tape error (Media defective or
dirty read/write head).

This causes the server to crash each time. And though, the robot has been
checked and the tape drives have been reconfigured. As for the database, it
has been properly audited...

Has anyone experienced this problem ? If someone can help me solve the
problem !

Best regards,
----
JAGER Frédéric
JAGER Frédéric
E-Mail : frederic.jager AT bil-dexia DOT com

An electronic message is not binding on its sender.
Any message referring to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and
duly signed.