ADSM-L

Re: GUI hangs

1999-07-13 18:10:07
Subject: Re: GUI hangs
From: "Eckert, Allan" <t0185 AT PSCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:10:07 -0600
I can relate. One of our first attempts at a large scale restore was after a
server crashed. We had a similar experience. Eventually it appeared that
things broke lose and the restores were going to work. After it finished, we
discovered that only part of the files had been restored. When we started
checking into the restore we discovered that complete subdirectories were
empty, but ADSM showed then to have files in them. We talked with ADSM
technical support on this question and were basic told “TOUGH”. Needless to
say this did not win us very many points with management.