ADSM-L

Why does delbuta need ADSM administrator permissions?

1999-07-13 11:46:06
Subject: Why does delbuta need ADSM administrator permissions?
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:46:06 +0200
Hello,
I have a user of ADSM who administers an own AFS cell. He does the
backup of AFS via the buta command. Now he wants to use the delbuta
command to delete obsolete dumps.
The problem: in the delbuta.opt file there is a required option
adminname. I haven't defined an administrator id for him because it
shouldn't be needed. Instead, I gave the node the permission to delete
backup filespaces. This should be sufficient, because the manual states
that delbuta needs the permission to delete filespaces. Nevertheless,
delbuta fails because of the missing or wrong adminname.
Now my questions:
1. what does delbuta need and adminame for?
2. If it is really needed, how can I set up the admin id so the user
can't do anything wrong to other nodes?

Many thanks in advance for help!
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany