ADSM-L

Re: DB2 to ADSM. 2nd post

1999-07-13 05:12:14
Subject: Re: DB2 to ADSM. 2nd post
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:12:14 +0100
     Andrew,

     about the DB part I have no solutions I'm not that into DB, except
     that I know you can backup DB2 directly to ADSM resources.

     For the reclamation and migration part I can only offer you the
     following advice 'Try to control when expiration, reclamation and migration
     are activated and should be de-activated. Allowing these processes to run
     free at the same time can cause any of these processes to be aborted.
     I've seen ADSM environments where these processes were allowed to run free
     (controlled by ADSM threshold and the sort parameters) the end result
     was (very) often a database lock situation which could not be resolved, at
     least one process would then bite the dust.

     As to the restore/backup part. A restore has priority over a backup job, I
     would assume that if a backup was running ADSM would try to free up a drive
     for the restore or what if the volume required for the restore was the
     volume currently in use by the backup ? Anyway logic would tell me not
     backup and restore a node at the same time.

     regards Walter Ridderhof.