ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:27
     Lisa,

     under Netware 4.11 you can redirect dsmc command output by adding a
     CLIB_OPT option to the command, try this:

     load dsmc query backup dir (CLIB_OPT)/>SYS:ADSM/ADSM.OUT.

     Your ADSM output will then be redirected to the file ADSM.OUT in the
     SYS:ADSM directory.

     I'm not sure this will work under all Netware versions, I recently
     tried this under Netware 5 and it didn't work (I do believe this
     construction to be some sort of hack, that is not officialy
     supported).

     Depending on what your trying to do I do agree with Johnma, go for the
     ADSM server console.

     regards,

     Walter Ridderhof.

Subject: Re: Netware - directing console command results to a file
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at INET-1
Date:    7/8/99 6:18 PM

you cannot redirect the output to a test file. But, there are many ways to look
at the result,
1. look at the log file and the schedule file.
2. version 3 server will capture the result and display on the ADSM server
console screen.

I have over 20 netware servers in operation, I check them by the ADSM server
console.

Thanks.

JohnMa.