ADSM-L

Netware / Trustee Rights

1999-07-08 19:21:00
Subject: Netware / Trustee Rights
From: Gail A Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:21:00 -0700
My user is very upset that we cannot restore 'just trustee assignments for a
directory' in Netware client environments.  We have ADSM 3.1.2.20 with the
Netware client 3.1.0.6 - It does state in the manual that 'trustee rights' are
only kept at a file level -- We don't want to restore all of the files -
apparently we just lost the 'Directory Services' and we restored with a new
'Directory Service' which was empty --

Does anyone have any input on this process -- is ADSM planning on
incorporating this function in the future?  My user was 'awfully surprised'
when he realized that ADSM doesn't backup up 'trustee assignments' at the
directory level (please prove us wrong!)

TIA ---

...gaj