ADSM-L

Ghost Items

1999-07-06 11:21:42
Subject: Ghost Items
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:21:42 -0400
Hello All ADSM users:

I have a couple of clients which I recently moved to new Policy Domains.
Now when I run an Incremental Backup of the clients I have several hundred
failed items.  These Item all have the same error message.  Below is a
sample of one of these messages.

07/05/1999 00:22:45 ANS1228E Sending of object
'\\tif_nt01\c$\orant\JRE11\lib' failed
07/05/1999 00:22:45 ANS1105E The management class for this file does not
have a valid backup copy group.
This file will not be backed up.
07/05/1999 00:22:45 ANS1105E The management class for this file does not
have a valid backup copy group.
This file will not be backed up.

All Items have one thing in common, the item does not exist on the clients.
I think these are items which have been deleted from the client before the
change to the new Domain.

I have tried to run a Selective backup on the clients but I still get these
messages.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to clean this up.

Thanks in advance

Ray Baughman

National Machinery Co.