ADSM-L

Re: ARCServe Migration to ADSM

1999-07-01 16:19:06
Subject: Re: ARCServe Migration to ADSM
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:19:06 -0500
If you are using Arcserv only for backup/recovery, there is no need to migrate
anything. The first incremental of the client under ADSM will be a complete
backup. After that, there is really no need to run Arcserv backups for that
client again. You
could keep the Arcserv system in place for a short time, just in case...

If you are using it for long term archival, then you are probably going to have
to restore it using Arcserv and then rearchive it with ADSM.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

Jason Turner <jason_turner AT YAHOO DOT COM> on 07/01/99 02:14:38 PM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>