ADSM-L

Re: DEADLOCK

1999-06-30 13:48:07
Subject: Re: DEADLOCK
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:48:07 -0400
>2.- The ANR9999D shows several codes what is the meaning of these
>codes?

Values seen on the 9999 messages are principally for reference by
IBM Support personnel should they be called upon to pursue a customer
problem.  They are internal encodings for ADSM elements that we may
deal with by logical names.  The 9999 message is basically a debugging
message, which became too prolific.  It's now a development objective
to reduce those and deal with conditions in other ways, including more
specific error messages.

>4.- Where can I find information about the *.c files which are shown in
>the actlog ?

You can go to work as an ADSM developer and become familiar with all
the source files.   :-)

In any case, you've learned not to run multiple ADSM processes which
perform heavy database updating, as they can conflict...not that you
can achieve that with certainty, but you can minimize the possibility.
    Richard Sims, BU