ADSM-L

Re: ADSM for netware 5

1999-06-29 02:52:43
Subject: Re: ADSM for netware 5
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:52:43 +0200
Hmmm, Not as far as I know.

I have ADSM running quite fine on NW5 servers here, and as far as OS's go,
NW5 is way more stable then many.

There is an issue with some files (See TID 2950873) not being copied over
sometimes during SP2 install on NW5, but other then that, it works and works
fine.

Don't forget to set the following in your dsm.opt file for each server as
well, they do increase the speed of the backups :

largecommbuffers yes
memoryefficientbackup no

One thing I have noticed with all the versions of ADSM client for NW, on all
OS levels of Netware, is that to restore can take much longer then the
backup if it's a full restore. As well, I have not managed to get a disaster
recovery restore to work at all.

And one final note on the client....it's not GUI, and that is a mahor hassle
for restoreing multiple files in multiple locations.

Otherwise, it works fine.

And the OS is stable (If you mean NW, can't say about any other).

Mike