ADSM-L

Re: ORACLE CONNECT AGENT - CATALOG REstore

1999-06-28 18:03:19
Subject: Re: ORACLE CONNECT AGENT - CATALOG REstore
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:03:19 -0700
Hi Thiha and steve,
                  My target database node (TESTDATA) = csifiws8062
                     CATALOG DATABASE node (BKCATL)  = CSIFIWS8064.

Backup of testdata database was taken from target node and restore of
database was successful. However as mentioned catalog restore from the
target database hangs with the specified errors. The ADSM.nodename was
generated on both machines.

One thing which I have previously tried and was successful was to have both
catalog and target database on the same machine.

However I would like to see the catalog restore from the target or the
catalog machine succeed. Any further guidance would be appreciated.

Note:-  I have tried the restore of catalog by date as well as by sequence
number but it still waits indefinitely

 Starting parsing of command script "srirestcat"
        restore catalog =  bkcatl
  Ending parsing of command script

  Starting Catalog Database verification
    Catalog Database verified
  Ending Catalog Database verification

  Catalog Restore job 42 started on 28-JUN-99 14:09

    Catalog Database: "BKCATL"            ( Waiting here indefinitely)

Thanks

Sri