ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server move question

1999-06-26 23:47:25
Subject: Re: ADSM Server move question
From: Mark Smith <msmith AT TTANK DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:47:25 -0700
Mark Beck <Mark.Beck AT EXPRO.SHELL.CO DOT UK> on 06/25/99 03:57:49 AM

 To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

 cc:      (bcc: Mark Smith/Los Angeles/Ttank)

 Subject: ADSM Server move question

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting information on
transferring ADSM server from one RS600 to another.

Thanks,
Mark Beck
Shell Services International
Aberdeen
----------------------------------
It's not really that difficult.  I've done it in the past by creating my DB and
LOG vols on the new server, copying the dsmserv.opt,dsmserv.dsk,volhist and
devconf files to the new server and then restoring the ADSM database.  I
usually run in to a couple
It's not really that difficult.  I've done it in the past by creating my DB and
LOG vols on the new server, copying the dsmserv.opt,dsmserv.dsk,volhist and
devconf files to the new server and then restoring the ADSM database.  I
usually run in to a couple
of problems, but nothing to bad. ( of course, install ADSM code first)
Mark Smith
msmith AT ttank DOT com