ADSM-L

ADSM and Outlook archives

1999-06-25 15:29:54
Subject: ADSM and Outlook archives
From: Ken Franklin <kpfadsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:29:54 CDT
I've noticed that if Microsoft Outlook is open while ADSM is backing up a
workstation, .pst (and .ost files) are not backed up.  Does anyone know of a
workaround other than closing down Outlook?

We are in the process of testing, and considering implementing, ADSM.  If
ADSM could backup .pst files without the users having to remember to close
down Outlook, we would save huge amounts of space on our user's servers -
space which is considerably more expensive than space on our ADSM servers.