ADSM-L

Re: Shared memory failure

1999-06-24 20:05:54
Subject: Re: Shared memory failure
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:05:54 -0700
I believe that this is an OS issue. The ADSM server processes are
run as root, hence, the processes that own the shared memory
segments are owned by root.

In order for a non-root user to attach to those shared memory
segments, I think the process would need to be run with root
authority, i.e. setuid root.

 -- Tom