ADSM-L

Booting up data recovery

1999-06-23 16:30:48
Subject: Booting up data recovery
From: Cody Cauchi <cody AT UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:30:48 -0400
I was wondering if anyone out there would know how to implement a restore off a
boot up. I have used the disk dump and restore feature of ADSM. However this
basically doubles the space that is taken up by a single computer on the backup
media. I was hoping someone would have a way to just utilize the backups that
ADSM has for a system to restore it after a crash. In turn there would be no
need to create a second copy of the data with the disk dump and restore feature.

Cody Cauchi, Associate Systems Programmer
IT Department,
University of Windsor
Windsor, ON