ADSM-L

Re: trouble printing certain LL_NAME values

1999-06-23 10:11:37
Subject: Re: trouble printing certain LL_NAME values
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:11:37 -0400
I don't know why, but I have had similar problems printing columns that have
type VARCHAR and length 256 or larger.  Sometimes I have been able to get
around it by using the LEFT function like this:

select node_name,hl_name,left(ll_name,50) from backups where etc.

That prints only the first (leftmost) 50 characters from the ll_name field.

OF course, if there really was an item with more than 50 characters in the
name, you would see only the first part of the name in your report.

Hope you can use this,
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert