ADSM-L

Problems with Storage Migrator

1999-06-22 17:06:10
Subject: Problems with Storage Migrator
From: Leandro Carneiro Torres <ctorres AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:06:10 -0300
Folks,
I installed Storage Migrator for NT and ADSM Server for NT and I have a
lot of troubles with this environment.

Problem 1:
The Storage Migrator have the exclude option but don't have the
include option, why ????

Problem 2:
When I access a file, the HSM get this file from the ADSM Storage
Pool. To do this, one session is open in the ADSM environment. After the
recall of the HSM file, the ADSM session remains open and the ADSM media
remains locked. This is wrong !!! And the only way to unlock the media
is stopping the HSM Service. How can I resolv this problem ???

Problem 3:
I can recall the migrate file in the same machine that the file
exists, but I can't recall this file from another machine that access
this migrate file !!! Why ???

Problem 4:
Sometimes I have the following error that makes the HSM to stay in an
unavailable status:
        "Mirrored file for 02.mdb contains invalid data"
   How can I fix this problem ???

Problem 5:
How can I clean the HSM Migrate Files and start the process again from
the beginning ???

Thanks any Help,
Leandro.

Leandro Carneiro Torres - ctorres AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
Curitiba: (041) 339-3076 ou (041) 262-8320
              Rua Romano Bertagnoli, 655
              CEP 80710-060 - Curitiba - PR
Sao Paulo: (011) 3040-1960
Porto Alegre: (051) 212-3666