ADSM-L

Re: tape library management

1999-06-22 15:19:39
Subject: Re: tape library management
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:19:39 -0600
     Pat,
     I suggest you test this to make sure you won't have any problems.  We
     are running an mvs adsm server and thought this would be a good idea
     since we were running out of slots in our atl.  We ejected tapes that
     hadn't been mounted recently.  We thought we would get prompted to put
     the tapes back in the atl if adsm wanted to use them.  I don't
     remember exactly what happened but we never got a prompt to put the
     tapes back in the atl. I reported the problem to IBM and was told that
     was the only way they could do it.  When I pointed out that dfhsm
     prompted us to put tapes back in the atl they said they would look
     into it.  In the meantime we got another frame for our atl and didn't
     pursue a resolution.
     Jim Sporer
     UW madison