ADSM-L

Ran out of disk space trying to restore

1999-06-22 13:40:13
Subject: Ran out of disk space trying to restore
From: Peter Hadikin <phadikin AT BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:40:13 -0700
I am currently trying to do a restore a Novell volume using the -inactive
option.  Unfortunately, this means we probably have more data to restore than
actual disk space.  The disk is 18GB and has filled up once.  We have cleaned up
over 5GB of disk space yet we continue to get prompts that the disk is full.
After replying 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 ... times to the prompt.  Eventually the restore
continues and restore another bunch of files (much less than 5GB ... probably
more on the order of 25 MB or less), then the same message comes up (ANS4009S).
Same loop of replying to the message and then the restore continues again.

I am a bit baffled.  The disk definitely has space on it.  I can copy files to
it after the ADSM client displays the disk full message.  Any info would be most
appreaciated.  I believe the Novell server is running 4.20 and the ADSM client
is 3.1.7.

Thanks in advance, Peter.