ADSM-L

Lotus Notes - backup of a single document

2015-10-04 17:42:38
Subject: Lotus Notes - backup of a single document
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have a requirement to backup just specific Lotus Notes documents (not the
whole database), and keep an audit trail of the backups.
From my position of knowing virtually nothing about Lotus Notes or the API,
I thought this should be straightforward. However, now I'm looking in more
detail it doesn't seem at all straightforward. The API seems to want to deal
in files and Lotus Notes wants to stick to documents within its database.
Does anyone know how I can achieve my requirement of backing up an
individual document in a Lotus Notes database?
I would be extremely grateful for any thoughts or ideas.
Many thanks
Peter Hough