ADSM-L

ANR1157I, move data

1999-06-18 12:43:06
Subject: ANR1157I, move data
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:43:06 +0200
Hello!

Whithin "milliseconds" after issuing a move data commmand, the server
returns one or more ANR1157I messages (REMOVABLE VOLUME volume name IS
REQUIRED FOR MOVE DATA PROCESS.).

Does anyone know from where the process gets this information?

Since the ANR1157I's are returned so quickly I guess this is available
from one or more tables in the DB.?

The similar ANR1044I is returned when reclaiming space, but I was moving
data off a volume which had three files with parts on them on other
volumes. All in an overflow-location...

With lots of volumes in overflow-locations, this happens quite often, and
it would be nice to pick out and check in the volumes before starting the
move data or space-reclamation..

                                      Tom