ADSM-L

Need help with 3494 ATL

1999-06-18 12:03:00
Subject: Need help with 3494 ATL
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:03:00 -0500
We mangled a 3590 tape recently and physically removed it by hand from our 3494
ATL.  The ATL has assigned the volser a fictitious cell and still thinks it's
in Insert (FF00) status.  I've tried checkin and checkout, but the volser
remains pinned as FF00 in the ATL.  We're on AIX 4.3.  Is there an mtlib (or
other) command to tell the ATL to eliminate the volser from memory?  Second
(sorta related) question: Is there a mtlib (or other) command to tell the ATL
to eject a tape? (yes I know this could confuse ADSM)