ADSM-L

Re: Re-installing ADSM server

1999-06-17 10:24:06
Subject: Re: Re-installing ADSM server
From: Chad Smale <chad.smale AT TS.APACMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:24:06 -0500
We're running a 3494 connected to an R40.  These are the steps I had to take in
addition to what you have listed below.
From memory they are:
create the tty we're connected to the 3494 (record the baud rate before
reinstalling)
create the lmcp0 device
update to the latest atldd and Atape drivers.
Having backups of your dsm.opt, dsm.sys(if client too) & dsmserv.sys files will
be good to have as well
backup of your volhistory
copy of /etc/ibmatl.conf.
If your database and log volumes are on non rootvg volume groups (ours are on
SSA for example), you might also benefit from exporting the volume group/s on
which they reside, then  a simple importvg
may end up being faster than restoring the database.
If you do that, having a copy of your dsmserv.dsk will be good as wel

Depending upon how the devices were originally set up, you may have to tinker
with those as well.  A couple of my tape drives came up on the new install as
different devices (rmt2 was no
longer a 3590, it was an 8mm) but; that's not too hard to fix from within
ADSM...