ADSM-L

Re: Scratch status in 3494

1999-06-17 05:19:10
Subject: Re: Scratch status in 3494
From: Chris De Bondt <Chris.De.Bondt AT DVVLAP DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:19:10 +0200
Hi,
Maybe I completely misunderstand your question, and you don't mention a
tape management software, so I don't know if there's any involved, but
one way of changing the status of cassettes in a robot is to use the
IDCAMS command "ALTER VOLUMEENTRY volname
USEATTRIBUTE(scratch/private)". This updates the OAM data base and if
I'm not mistaken it gets propagated to the library manager itself, so it
wil stop your robot from treating ADSM cassettes as if they were
scratch.
If that was your problem ...

Cheers,
Chris