ADSM-L

Re: Computer name Change

1999-06-16 15:18:55
Subject: Re: Computer name Change
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:18:55 -0400
>        We're going to move some filesystems around, basically consolidate
>12 filesystems on 8 nodes to 12 filesystems on 2 nodes.  Can I specify
>multiple nodenames (doesn't make sense to me) so that it understands and
>doesn't do the incremental?
>        Anyone have any ideas about this.  I don't have enough tapes to do
>a export and import onto the new node (requires writing new tapes) to
>transfer all the data.  I can't rename the multiple nodes to one node, it
>just isn't supported.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, ADSM does not support reassigning filespaces to other nodes.
A circumventing technique posted some time ago to the List:

File space, move to another node        The 'REName FIlespace' cannot do this.
 within same server                     You can perform it via technique:
                                        Assume nodes A & B, and you want to
                                        move filespace F1 from A to B...
                                        1. rename node b b_temp
                                        2. rename node a b