ADSM-L

Re: Computer name Change

1999-06-16 14:58:33
Subject: Re: Computer name Change
From: Asish Kumar Dash <dash AT MSI.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:58:33 -0500
Hello,

        We're going to move some filesystems around, basically consolidate
12 filesystems on 8 nodes to 12 filesystems on 2 nodes.  Can I specify
multiple nodenames (doesn't make sense to me) so that it understands and
doesn't do the incremental?
        Anyone have any ideas about this.  I don't have enough tapes to do
a export and import onto the new node (requires writing new tapes) to
transfer all the data.  I can't rename the multiple nodes to one node, it
just isn't supported.  Any ideas?  Here's some info

SP Environment
AIX 4.3.2
ADSM 3.1.2.20
3575 Library with 324 capacity tapes, 2 drives (of which 253 used for
        Incremental, 64 for archive).

Asish Kumar Dash                        U.M.S.I.D.S.A.C. Technical Support
Supercomputing Institute                System & Network Administrator
University of Minnesota                 Phone:  (612) 626-9057
1200 Washington Avenue South            Fax:    (612) 624-8861
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1284              EMail:  dash AT msi.umn DOT edu