ADSM-L

Backup stgpool fails

1999-06-16 12:18:00
Subject: Backup stgpool fails
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:18:00 -0500
We backup our tape pool daily (backup stgppool tapepool copypool).  We have 4
drives which are almost in the state of constant use with stgpool backups,
migrations and space reclamation.  If a customer starts a restore when all the
drives are in use, ADSM will cancel the stgpool backup in order to obtain the
needed drive.  This means we don't get a complete d/r set for that day.  Is
there a tweak that tells ADSM to cancel other stuff (e.g., space reclamation or
migrations) instead of stgpool backups?  Are there other methods to prevent
dynamic (i.e., customer-initiated) actions from interfering with planned
production operations?