ADSM-L

Protection exception in ADSM/VM 2.1.019

1999-06-15 11:23:43
Subject: Protection exception in ADSM/VM 2.1.019
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:23:43 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers,

Some days ago ADSM decided to set a tape read/only after a problem with the
drive.
I reset the status to read/write and started our scheduled backup.
Now ADSM called for this tape and (I guess) started an AUDIT VOLUME under
the
covers (QUERY PROCESS didn't show anything). After some minutes of reading
the ADSM server abended with the following message:

DMSITP143T Protection exception occurred at 80F1287A in system routine
NUCEXT;
re-IPL CMS

My DSMSERV machine is running with 28M of storage. Has anyone seen such an
error
or is this something I should report to IBM?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at