ADSM-L

Re: SQL-BT and ADSM

1999-06-15 02:20:02
Subject: Re: SQL-BT and ADSM
From: Gary Bromley <Gary.Bromley AT ASPECT.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:20:02 +1000
This depends on whether you are using BACKUP or ARCHIVE objects in your pool
setup (OBSI V2.3).

Even though the backup job is cancelled, some of the backup may still be
good for restoring from, i.e. logical backups.
The backup process at the time of cancellation should be cleared up.
Check the SQL-BT catalogue for what it thinks is in the ADSM server, then do
a select from the BACKUP or ARCHIVE table using the same date_time values
that are in the catalogue, this should show you what ADSM thinks there is.
There is a supplied utility for expiring the old backups, I think it is
called dtoexpire (manuals not to hand right now).

Also, please supply you setup/versions for clarification.

Gary Bromley
Aspect Computing Pty
Tel: +61 (0)3 9230 2222 (Main)
Tel: +61 (0)3 9230 2242 (Direct)
Fax: +61 (0)3 9818 1320
Email: gary.bromley AT aspect.com DOT au <mailto:gary.bromley AT aspect.com DOT
au>