ADSM-L

5.2Gb optical disks

1999-06-15 01:35:44
Subject: 5.2Gb optical disks
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:35:44 -0700
Hi all,
        Has anybody been successful in implementing 5.2Gb optical drives. We
were until today able to use 2.6Gb drives but were  unable to implement
5.2Gb drives. We are at ADSM 3.1.2.20 and AIX 4.3.2. Also we are at the
latest firmware level.

The IBM CE had introduced two SONY 5.2 Gb optical drives.  I have even tried
deleting (/dev/omd0,/dev/omd1,/dev/rop0 etc thru smit) and recreated them.

however when I try and do any operation ( MOVE/ AUDIT/MIGRATE) the optical
juke box fails while unloading the volumes inserted into the individual
drives.

AM I missing something very basic? There is however a PMR open with IBM.
Thought , I could benefit from some of  your experiences.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Sri