ADSM-L

Deleting archived files after a failed archive job

1999-06-11 10:00:22
Subject: Deleting archived files after a failed archive job
From: Robert A Wilkinson <Robert.A.Wilkinson AT AEXP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:00:22 -0700
I recently ran an archive of all data on my AIX 4.3.2 system with ADSM
3.1.2.1, about 8 GB, and it bombed close to the end of the job because it ran
out of DB space where it store the filenames.

I increased the space and wanted to remove the failed archived files a redo it
to get a nice clean backup but I couldn't figure out how I would just remove
that specific archive without blowing everything away on that tape..There are
other archives on the same tape..

I think I saw in this listserver someone mentioned about a description field
on the archive.. Is that the way..

Thanks