ADSM-L

Ghost backups on NT

1999-06-10 15:38:36
Subject: Ghost backups on NT
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:38:36 -0400
Hello ADSM users

I am running ADSM V3 R1 on AIX 4.3.2 and have a client running NT.  The NT
client was recently complete redone.  By completely redone, I mean the OS
was reloaded and new RAID system was installed and the apps running on the
machine where to new drives.  Along with this change ADSM was reloaded and
the node name was changed.  The old node was deleted not renamed.  The old
data was deleted.  The client is now under a new domain
My problem now is that when a backup is ran, I get over eight hundred failed
items.  All of these items have the same error message, an example of one of
these messages follows:

05/30/1999 00:19:18 ANS1228E Sending of object
'\\tif_nt01\c$\HYSOFT\CD\DISK24' failed
05/30/1999 00:19:18 ANS1105E The management class for this file does not
have a valid backup copy group.
This file will not be backed up.
05/30/1999 00:19:18 ANS1105E The management class for this file does not
have a valid backup copy group.
This file will not be backed up.

The strange thing with all of these items is that none of them exist.  They
are all Items which existed before the machine was redone.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Ray Baughman
rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com

National Machinery Co.