ADSM-L

AIX 4.3.2 / ADSM 3.1.2.1

1999-06-10 12:53:52
Subject: AIX 4.3.2 / ADSM 3.1.2.1
From: Robert A Wilkinson <Robert.A.Wilkinson AT AEXP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:53:52 -0700
Hi,

I just installed ADSM on an AIX system and this is my first look at the
product.

My requirements are fairly simple:

I would like the following:

DAILY archive of specific files archived for 21 days (runs Mon-Thu)
WEEKLY archive of same files archived for 49 days (runs Friday)
MONTHLY archive of same files archived for 3650 days or 10 years (runs 1st of
month)

I want an initial archive of all data on the server (about 3GB)..

I have set up a POLICY called SANCHEZ with management classes DAILY, WEEKLY
and MONTHLY. Each has an Archive copy group defined with the above retentions
specified.

The ksh commands I use for each archive is as follows:

LOGDIR=/usr/sbin/cluster/local/log
DT=`date +"%Y%m%d"`
dom=`date +"%d"`
dow=`date +"%A"`
#
if [[ "$dom" = "01" ]]
then
   /usr/bin/dsmc archive -ARCHM=monthly "/sanchez/ibsprod/gbls/backup/mumps_
$DT.*" -password=xxx
else
  if [[ "$dow" = "Monday" || "$dow" = "Tuesday" || "$dow" = "Wednesday" ||
"$dow
" = "Thursday" ]]
  then
   /usr/bin/dsmc archive -ARCHM=daily "/sanchez/ibsprod/gbls/backup/mumps_$
DT.*" -password=xxx >>$LOGDIR/backup.log
  else
  if [[ "$dow" = "Friday" ]]
  then
   /usr/bin/dsmc archive -ARCHM=weekly "/sanchez/ibsprod/gbls/backup/mumps_$DT
.*" -password=xxx
  else
   echo `date` " No archive to be run .." >>$LOGDIR/backup.log
   exit
fi
fi
fi

After each archive runs I do a BACKUP STGPOOL ONSITE OFFSITE and I check the
offsite backup out to an offsite location.

Q- The fact that the same files are in all 3 archive mgmt classes is this
going to cause any problems.. Any comments on how to set this up more
efficiently?

Thanks