ADSM-L

ADSM and UNICODE

1999-06-10 11:37:33
Subject: ADSM and UNICODE
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:37:33 -0500
One of my customers is getting the following error:

"ANR9999D SMEXEC(599): Session 2698 with client KATSMKEN (WinNT) rejected -
server does not support the UNICODE mode that the client was requesting."

I don't know anything about UNICODEs except this definition:

"A superset of the ASCII character set that uses two bytes for each character
rather than one. Able to handle 65,536 character combinations rather than
just 256, it can house the alphabets of most of the world's languages. ISO
defines a four-byte character set for world alphabets, but also uses Unicode
as a subset."

Has anyone seen this before or can you shed any light on what might be going
on?  I'm guessing that the user has loaded something onto his machine or
upgraded something since this has only been happening for the last 8 days.