ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and 3590 Performance on RS6000 S7A?

1999-06-09 09:44:30
Subject: Re: ADSM and 3590 Performance on RS6000 S7A?
From: Kenneth Sparks <ken_x_sparks AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:44:30 -0500
     If possible keep it on disks other than the database.  Just to be safe
     keep it out of rootvg and then worry about internal vs external, but
     not too much.

Author:  tangeric (tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    6/9/99 1:25 AM

Hi all,

Any suggestion on the disk placement of the ADSM log?
One of my server is a sliver node and I have the 3GB ADSM log on a SCSI
internal disk and mirrored on the system disk where the system paging files
are allocated on these two disks. They are allocated on the internal disks
as these disks are relatively empty.

About ADSM database, it is on a SSA disk and mirrored on another one. As
the log is 3GB; performance-wise, should I keep it on the internal disks or
share it with ADSM storage pool disks on SSA? Thanks .

Regards,
Eric Tang