ADSM-L

Re: Large number of objects

1999-06-09 09:42:39
Subject: Re: Large number of objects
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:42:39 -0400
>We obviously will not want to execute incremental style backups against =
>these files due to the delays in scanning for date/time changes

Consider doing -INCRBYDate, which eliminates file-to-file comparison in
favor of pure date.  Depending upon your update frequency it may be
acceptable for you to logically apportion your file system by means of
Virtualmountpoints and do just some each day.
If you do multi-image RAID you may be able to get away with doing no
backups, in that the RAID system provides inherent backup.
    Richard Sims, BU